Job Title : Java IO Developer
Join an elite group dedicated to continuous personal improvement as GCT is currently seeking Senior Level JAVA I/O Developer to work at our headquarters located in Chantilly, VA. The candidate will focus on developing cross platform media software with a focus on embedded systems. The candidate will solve problems in performance, resource management, and scalability. Apply knowledge of video and audio processing implemented in Java and C.
- Completed B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a closely related technical field
- Good communication Skills
- Object Oriented Programming
- Oracle MultiMedia and Oracle Spatial experience
- Understanding of imagery formats commonly used throughout the profession (NITF, CIB, GeoTIFF, etc.)
- Java, C++, C and assembler
- Java Advanced Imaging, Java 3D, Java NIO
- Large-scale databases, data warehousing, and strategic information management
- API design is a major plus
- Experience utilizing an IDE such as Eclipse or NetBeans
- Experience with a Linux environment
The success of Great-Circle Technologies depends on the success and well-being of its employees. GCT promotes work/life balance and encourages the overall well-being of each of its contributors. A comprehensive benefits package is provided, which currently include company paid single medical, dental, life, disability, and long-term care insurances, matching 401k plan, education assistance, 36 days off per year and much more!
Join us at Great-Circle Technologies, where innovation is the shortest distance between two points.
Great-Circle Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Great-Circle Technologies ensures all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s) :
Job Class :
Job Category :
Work Schedule :
Position Type :
4 yr and up College
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm